Ordered 3 items on line a tumble dryer, an ipad and some headphones (for birthday gifts). Following some initial confusing emails around delivery dates, it was agreed that my Tumble would be delivered yesterday, and the smaller items would be delivered by today. So...............

The Tumble arrived as promised yesterday, I unpacked it plugged it in and it doesn't work, making funny grinding noises and making a buzzing noise in the switch. So after a painful hour using the chat facility with the manufacturer have an engineer coming out Friday.

Today, no stuff, so I have managed to contact them through messaging and they are suggesting the item was distributed by them to their courier but the courier never received them, hence me not getting them. The retailer has proposed that I now wait 14 days for them to complete an investigation, when they will update me. I have requested my money back as they have not carried out their part of the transaction and delivered within 4-7 days (as was detailed)

Anyone with similar experiences?