Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
HERMES. Avoid like the plague. I ordered a replacement battery for our landline phone and paid extra for Royal Mail first class delivery. The ebay vendor then decided to "upgrade" to Hermes delivery. The item was tracked, delayed, eventually out for delivery with a courier but never arrived. Hermes occasionally updated their tracking message with another "delayed 24 hours" message, the last one 11 days ago. Currently in dispute with the seller who wants to send another battery.....by Hermes. No thanks. Refund. I can only emphasise that anyone reading this should never contemplate using Hermes. Check with a vendor before purchasing. I (and other family members) have had nothing but hassle from a company that evades responsibility for lost/damaged/stolen items.
Meanwhile, I do hope your issues are resolved. For electrical items, ao.com have been brilliant for us.
Totally agree Re. Hermes. Awful company. "Lost" several items sent to me over the past couple of months, even though the items were marked as "out for delivery". Cannot talk to anyone on the phone. Chatbot is worse than useless, send you round in circles. Avoid like the plague (no pun intented).