+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should prison sentences be longer?

Re: Should prison sentences be longer?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    What on earth are you on about? Of course either side has the right to appeal after a verdict - but I do not want the Prime Minister to have the power to personally intervene in a criminal trial. An independent judiciary is there for a reason.

'Its a solace moment for her'....'Police lives matter'....? Back to your usual agenda with a dash of gibberish?
    Do police lives matter? 30,000 of them assaulted in 2018/19

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Do police lives matter? 30,000 of them assaulted in 2018/19
    Do they matter to you? Do they matter enough for you to start or join a protest because you feel that no one's listening to you and the police's fears and you're sick of them being assaulted?

Because if they do matter enough to you, you've got a public forum here - start a thread saying that you'll be outside City Hall this time next week protesting assaults against police officers, start a petition, join Facebook/Twitter, create groups and try and draw attention to it.

Or are you just going to whataboutwhatabout on a messageboard because you don't really care about police lives in any real sense at all?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    That is why so many killings by wives occur in the kitchen. Anger/fear, grab a knife, red mist. Done!!

But from what you say I assume that if a woman takes a knife and conceals it on her person and then goes out into the street, goes to a shop and stabs 3 people them she is guilty of premeditation and deserves a harsh sentence. Or maybe not!
    Thats up to the court to decide

The case in the valleys recently will be heard in front of a crown court and a jury

If she took the knife from her home , went into the shop , stabbed three people with the intent of murdering them .......she killed one man and injured two others ......and the defence team fail to convince the court that she was unwell then she's going to be going to prison for a very long time , i think thats right and proper , send her down

But if she was clearly ill at the time of the attack and the court concludes that to be the case after psychiatric reports then she will probably be detained in a secure psychiatric hospital

Which again is the right outcome

But we don't know much about this case at the moment , except for Internet gossip

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Do they matter to you? Do they matter enough for you to start or join a protest because you feel that no one's listening to you and the police's fears and you're sick of them being assaulted?

Because if they do matter enough to you, you've got a public forum here - start a thread saying that you'll be outside City Hall this time next week protesting assaults against police officers, start a petition, join Facebook/Twitter, create groups and try and draw attention to it.

Or are you just going to whataboutwhatabout on a messageboard because you don't really care about police lives in any real sense at all?
    the Internet is full of petitions about this poor guy who was killed by these three low lifes

The thing is by joining the police , which you don't have to join , you know that firstly you are , apart from gas or a taser , unlikely to be armed and apart from most people you deal with , you are going to be coming into contact with violent people.

And wether you are armed or not , this is , and always has been part of the job

Its shameful that this decent young man has lost his life

I remember the officer killed in the Tottenham riots , the coppers shot in Leeds by that American body builder bloke , the police woman killed outside the Iranian embassy and this poor young guy . There was also the horrific murder of two officers in Bradford and Dale Cregan who killed two female police officers in Manchester

But I also know that mental health support workers have been attacked or killed by paranoid schizophrenics , nurses punched and kicked in hospital waiting rooms by pissed up arseholes and traffic wardens beaten senseless simply for issuing a ticket . Paramedics attacked trying to help injured people and firefighters being lured to a deliberate fire then bricked

The police officers , in general , have armed back up , tasers , gas , batons etc

Nurses , firefighters , mental health workers have no such protection

I am all for tougher sentences where appropriate but this police lives matter sounds like something straight out of Britain First , that far right bunch of idiots.

There is an online petition to push the home Secretary to look at the case and sentencing of these three tossers .....hopefully it will be legal people dealing with it and not her , she's an idiot .....so I think people concerned about this sentencing .......and I think it appears to be light .......should sign that . Its been instigated and signed by the officers family .

great news

'ABOMINABLE INJUSTICE'*PC Andrew Harper’s widow writes emotional letter to Boris Johnson demanding RETRIAL after teens cleared of murder

PC Andrew Harper: Attorney General to review killers' sentences

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-53650449

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    I've been on a jury where the situation was really tricky . We came to the right answer eventually after a long deliberation.
    You have to be sure beyond reasonable doubt and clearly this jury just couldn't be, having sat through several weeks of evidence. Remember a murder conviction is a big deal even for scum like this.
    Do you think for one second, that those arseholes Didn't realise they were dragging him along for over a mile? Especially as it was along country lanes that are quiet.
    This has been a total mis carriage of justice, and the sentencing is pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Do you think for one second, that those arseholes Didn't realise they were dragging him along for over a mile? Especially as it was along country lanes that are quiet.
    Couldn't have put it better myself.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Absolutely 24 years they should of got and will get now the A.G. is reviewing the sentence , someone should deal with the bloody judge , no one will have blinked if he had applied the maximum sentence, the judiciary sometimes allows criminals to smirk and cause uch anguish to the victims .