Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
Fair enough. So who are the simply not up to it young players?
I think a few of them aren't great and wouldn't be playing if we had more money. Again my opinion and some might think they'd be coming through regardless. Opinions differ, it happens.

I like the look of Colwill but he has plenty to work on and have liked a bit of what I have seen of Bowen. I'm not sure Bowen should be seeing game time over the likes of Wintle but I think he has something. The jury is still out on a few of the others and despite it being popular belief on here games do not suddenly bring them up to standard. For some of those players it simply exposes them as not being up to this level.

They might well prove me wrong and all come good. It is never a good idea to throw kids in because you have to though. Kids should come in because they are ready, not because we are threadbare in terms of depth in that position.
Good luck to them though and I hope they come good for everybody's benefit.

Do I think we have been producing top level kids all along and despite being good enough for the first team we've overlooked them time and again? Not really.
Do I think we've overhauled our academy so much in the past season or two that we're suddenly producing kids good enough for the first team after many years of producing absolutely zilch? No.