Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
Your reply on the thread was actually very interesting and unlike truthpaste's predictable and tiresome tosh.

As for the notion of 'cancel culture', I think the existing God threads are enough to go on with.
Thank you - yes a very sensitive subject. I wrote to my M.P. to find out his stance on this and he told me that when it comes up for full debate in the House he will not back any bill because of his Christian belief - interesting!

I don't suppose TP needs me to defend him! Becoming a Christian does not necessarily change a person's personality. I am naturally a rather shy, introverted person but as I have got older I have become much more self confident and able to put over my case in a discussion. Since becoming a Christian I have become much less judgemental and self-centred and much more caring and empathetic with folk. I don't know TP personally but I suspect he was always a much more outgoing person with an assertive manner about him, so he witnesses his faith to others in the same way! Christianity is a broad church.

Re: cancel culture. As I said, it is inevitable that as Christians, TP and I will take a Christ-centred attitude to any topic that has to do with the human condition. As Peter said to the Pharisees who tried to silence him spreading the news of the resurrection of Jesus (Acts 4:20): As for us we cannot help speaking about what we have seen and heard!